Friday, January 1, 2016

Esoterica XIII: The Blog Awakens

Kicking off the new year (to say nothing of a new series for the blog) in style with some old school Star Wars (original trilogy only) odds and ends.

First off, let's get the obligatory VHS scans out of the way.

Love this VHS ad for Jedi.

Had this one when I was a kid.

Now we get to the good stuff.  Can''t go wrong with this trio of novels.  Been a while since I read them but they're damn fine rainy day reads.

The Falcon is quite simply my favorite space ship design.  Never had this toy when I was a kid but I snagged a model kit a year or two back and it now sits proudly on my office area.

I'll be getting into Howard the Duck more as this series goes on but for now, just let the simple beautiful madness of this cash-in worm its way into your brain.

While you;'re at it. check out some early Marvel Star Wars comics and try to guess exactly what illicit substance was being passed around the Marvel bullpen at the time the story was green lit.  Seriously, the stuff immediately following the adaptation of the first film up to the time The Empire Strikes Back was releases is some of the most entertainingly gonzo stuff you will ever see in the Star Wars universe.

Finally, since this is a series that will have a heavy 70's focus, I have to share the hit disco version of the Star Wars theme. It's just awesome.

That's all for now, stay tuned for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I've been a huge fan of action, horror and comedy for as long as I can remember.