Thursday, July 25, 2013

Random Bits of Bond and 80's Movie Stuff

Just some random 007-centric stuff I get a chuckle out of plus some videos.


I've always gotten a kick out of comic adaptations of films.  This one is pretty damn good as the film itself is essentially a live action comic book.

I became a fan of the franchise in the late 80's and the first batch of books I snagged came from Berkley Books.  I like the silhouette design, very striking.


 The first ten Fleming books were released along with the John Gardner continuation novels.
 





Movie tie-in magazines are also quite fun to look back at, Starlog Press tended to do one or two for every major release in the 80's and 90's.

Before we get to the main event, I'd like to share a little gem I found.  It's a rare TV spot for the 16th Bond epic, Licence to Kill.


Ah, gotta love nostalgia.


And now, the real reason I wanted to do this article.  When I was a kid, ABC had the rights to show the James Bond films, usually chopped up like a victim in a slasher movie.  Here are a few TV spots for them.


I think this was the first one on TV I ever saw, and for years it was the only version I saw period.  Then I got it on VHS...That was a bit of an eye opener.



There was also good stuff to be found on NBC.


God, I can only imagine what really little kids must have thought when suddenly Darth Vader starts talking at them through the TV.

And of course, what would a post on 80's TV from me be without a little KTLA?


To finish off, here's a neat little ad for the VHS release of Lethal Weapon 2.


1 comment:

About Me

I've been a huge fan of action, horror and comedy for as long as I can remember.