Monday, July 9, 2012

Coliseum/WWF Home Video

As I've said elsewhere on the site, I'm a casual wrestling fan, mainly WWF up to around 1994 or thereabouts.  Many an idle afternoon in my youth was spent watching video tapes from them, here are a few of my favorites.

 We begin here as I believe this is the first wrestling tape I ever rented.  Overall, this is fun edition of Wrestlemania with good matches and a fun main event that sees Hulk Hogan victorious (as usual for this era).

 Can't go wrong with The Hot Rod, Piper really was one of the great wrestling characters.

 Another early viewing of mine, this isn't the best thing the company ever did but it also isn't the worst.  One or two good matches save this from being an absolute bore.

 1992 is maybe my favorite year from the WWF.  Great storylines, great action and some fantastic pay-per-views, such as this excellent edition of their biggest show.  Just an overall fantastic event.

 Of all the compilation tapes they pout together, this is one of my faves.  A nice selection of matches that gives a good idea of how deep the roster was at the time.

 Ah, my favorite event and one of my favorite VHS covers in general.  The event itself isn't the best but it's a fantastic nostalgia trip.

And we end with two of my favorite shows from the era, both with a great selection of matches



And that does it for now, back soon with more.

2 comments:

  1. Great write-up. Always wanted to check out old WWF matches.

    Gotta love Hulk Hogan and Rowdy Roddy Piper!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

I've been a huge fan of action, horror and comedy for as long as I can remember.