Monday, October 10, 2011

VHS Memories IV: Post Apocalyptic!

As one might guess from some of my other posts, I have a deep and abiding love for cheesy post-apocalyptic action movies.  Sure, you can go straight for the quality stuff and watch The Road Warrior, but there's so much to see if you really dig deep!

Now I haven't actually seen this one but the box alone makes it a...Well, it makes it a crap shoot, really.

This is one I've wanted to see for a while.  It's got George Eastman and genre fave Al Cliver who we'll see more of soon.

Here's the alternate title for Battletruck which I reviewed here earlier in the year.

This is a post-apocalyptic flick from b-movie legend  Cirio Santiago.  Santiago made a ton of movies, most of which I really, really want to see.

MST3K fans will know this better as Escape 2000.

Another one with Al Cliver in it.  Great box art too.

I did a big piece on this for The Agony Booth a few months ago which you can find right here.

I love this cheesy little flick from Australia. It's one of those bad movies that's just too entertaining to truly hate.  Plus you get Steve Railsback and some really nice gore f/x.  Not to be confuses with the Escape 2000 mentioned above, this was originally called Turkey Shoot.

And we finish off with the other Big Daddy of the genre.  This is one of my favorite John Carpenter films.  He gets just about everything perfect with great work from the cast, good music and some very inventive ways of hiding the low budget.  This is one hell of a movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I've been a huge fan of action, horror and comedy for as long as I can remember.