Tuesday, November 30, 2010

An Introduction



Welcome to the Pop Culture Shack, an irreverent look back at stuff you either missed or already saw but forgot to laugh at the first time.  I’m Ed, your master of ceremonies and I will be guiding you through the wonderful, weird world of  70’s, 80’s and 90’s pop culture with some more modern stuff thrown in for flavor.

The content of this blog will be divided into the following categories:

Movies:

Here you will find cheesy action movies, cheap horror movies, quality movies that should be highly regarded, quality movies that should be poorly regarded, mediocre movies that should be mildly noticed before being forgotten, bad movies that should be noticed, bad movies that should be noticed briefly and then forgotten, recent movies and very recent movies…which would be the rare occasion I have the time and money to go out to the theater.

Oh, and also the occasional DVD review.

Comedy:

This will mainly be comedy albums and comedy specials.  Each post will usually contain multiple reviews because...Well, because I’m a showoff.

Before we begin, I should probably talk about myself a bit.  I’m a writer with a degree in screenwriting from Chapman University in Orange, CA.  Besides a love for movies and pop culture, I also enjoy basketball, football and baseball.

Please enjoy, and remember:  Laughter is the best medicine...though it still won’t cure the common cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I've been a huge fan of action, horror and comedy for as long as I can remember.